Pages

12.20.2011

What I Wore & What I'll Wear

So I had an outfit issue on Sunday while getting ready for our family Christmas party when the perfect outfit I had envisioned in my head, but hadn't tried on until 10 minutes before we needed to leave, was a gigantic failure.  This is what I came up with just in the nick of time...monochromatic, not too Holiday but the green is the right idea, and of course some sparkle.  I guess I could have taken my own advice and worn this outfit...


gap sweater, jcrew skirt, jcrew necklaces

I've vowed to do it differently on Christmas Eve.  It's perfect for this unusually warm December that we're having, and I think I'll add some color to make it a bit more festive.  Our church is typically very casual, but for Christmas Eve I always try to get dressed up.

celebrity pink denim jacket, cynthia rowley dress, stella & dot necklace & vintage fur collar



I've been waiting to wear this dress since I scored it for $20 when the Cynthia Rowley sample sale rolled into Chicago.  Though I didn't get to try it on until about a month ago, because of the silk fabric the neck opening had no give and was way too tight to even try getting around my head (which is abnormally large mind you).  So I enlisted my mom to cut open one side and add the hooks and eyes, making it not only wearable but even more unique than it was in the first place.  The fur collar is a gift from my wonderful Grandma, and I can't wait to wear it!


More important than clothes though during this season is family!  My family and I are holing up for the rest of the Holiday season watching movie after movie, and throwing in a few games of Skip-Bo.  Last night we watched The Debt with Helen Mirren, it was phenomenal and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment