Pages

2.17.2012

The Blazer That Came Back

It's always around Fashion Week that I get an extra pep in my step {wherever I may be, Chicago, Holland, Charleston, and now New York}.  I get the urge to combine pieces I would have never put together before, and I'm just generally more inspired to create unique looks {a side effect of this is often the desire to shop, or in my case online window shop}.  Last week for example, because of this ridiculously warm winter we're having I knew I needed a jacket, but didn't feel like I had anything quite right for the temperature.  To the rescue came a J.Crew blazer that I've had for about two years now.  I've worn it a few times, but probably not once in the past year...

Last Thursday I finally wore this grey dress from Topshop, first featured in this post layered with a sweater and my favorite army green Madewell vest, and my new birthday booties {featured in the pic below}.  One thing I never noticed about this blazer until last week was the great detail on the collar, I loveeee the contrasting materials!
On Sunday I met up with one of my favorite people from TwentyThirtyForty in Chicago.  I was able to stop by a presentation with her at the Standard Hotel after {photos to come}, my official first Fashion Week experience!  This is what I wore, comfortable for a Sunday but also fun!  My sweater is from The Roo Vintage my two years old necklaces from H&M and Urban Outfitters respectively, the rest is J.Crew.  The booties are from American Eagle of all places, and I think I've fallen in love with them!!

  Here is the look all together!  Somebody at Lincoln Center stopped me for the website chictini.com!  Don't you love finding things in your closet that you've ignored, then repurposed, and therefore you wear said item more than ever before?!

No comments:

Post a Comment