Pages

8.19.2011

The September Issues

The dreaded/beloved/massive issues are upon us...so I thought I would post a few of my favorites of the September Issue covers (and some of my...not so favorites).

THE GREAT:


Liu Wen, Fei Fei Sun, Du Juan, Shu Pei, Ming Xi, Sui He for VOGUE China - Love all of the beautiful Chinese models and the rich colors from the Gucci fall collection!

Kirsten Dunst for Elle UK - I appreciate that they did a little something extra with the styling on the cover, and it's just so beautiful!
W Magazine - One of only two celebs in the GREAT bunch, I love it for the fact that Kristen is nearly unrecognizable, and I give W mad props for that!

Katie Fogarty for Vogue Australia - Love the strong, yet simple photo, and minimal words (must be the subscriber cover).

Jessica Stam for Flare (Canada) - When I saved this to my docs it said it all with: "Stam."

THE GOOD:


Emma Stone for Teen Vogue - She looks adorable, so adorable...

Beyonce for Harper's Bazaar UK - Pretty cool cover, love the hair and makeup.

Kate Moss for Vogue US - The dress is pretty cool and there are photos inside from her wedding so...

 THE LAME:

Rihanna for Glamour - I love a Rihanna cover, but this is just awkward.

Jessica Alba for Lucky Magazine - Ehhh I feel as though I've seen this photo of Jessica a thousand times.

Lea Michele for Harper's Bazaar US - They seriously had to put her on the September cover...come on!!

I'm clearly opinionated about the September Issues.  It's just that a mediocre cover in January is acceptable (they're small and nobody buys them), but for the issue that sets the tone for the next 12 months, the highest selling issue of the year, the one that aligns with the autumn NYFW shows.  Editors need to put more of an effort forth to make it the most memorable cover of the year.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment