Pages

7.22.2011

PJ's in Public

About a year ago a big sweatpants (like grey and tapered at the bottom) in public trend emerged, prompting editors and fashion fans alike to ask the question "would you actually wear these in public?"  I can confidently say that I never hopped on that train, the latest take however on the PJ's trend IS something that I can get behind.

I personally never slept in silk pajamas during my formative years, and I don't know that I plan on doing it in the future, but I am seriously willing to buy some silk PJ's (or PJ-esque pieces) to mix and match to make into a publicly acceptable outfit.  


First up the designer inspiration.  Celine most certainly wasn't the only collection sporting silky sweats on the runway, but I think it's safe to say Celine was the most iconic.  I mean how seriously cool is the leather tank+cobalt pants??  


These two ladies (Giovanna Battaglia a stylist for W & another adorable gal) rocked the trend outside of the Dior Haute Couture show in Paris just a couple of weeks ago.  And then there's Kanye West being a real man and wearing a "made for the females" Celine blouse.  You can definitely wear the whole PJ set together or split it up and make it into a combo of outfits!


This is how I plan to make PJ's work for me!  These pants from Anthropologie could quite possibly be the breeziest in history...perfect for the outrageous heatwave we're all dealing with at present.  The shoes are also from Anthro, they're such a great transition heel, perfect with the pants for now and then with tights and dresses this fall!  Lastly there's that pink I was talking about here...loving this retro-looking J.Crew blouse.  It is the perfect combo of cozy and work appropriate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment