Pages

6.14.2011

Residents of the Runway: Neutral-Blocking

Neutral Blocking is a new term for Spring '11 I'm pretty sure I just made it up. So in the 2nd installment of Residents of the Runway I want to look at some super cool full-on neutral homes in Charleston & this spring trend.

While wandering around and taking a look at some of these homes, I realized that I LOVE when the homes are a little on the ragged side. When stucco isn't perfect, & there are funky spots here and there from trying to cover up cracks on the exterior. Here are 3 homes that are so on trend: Neutral Blocking.



These runway pics come from assorted shows during fashion month. The first is (one of my fave models Ginta Lapina) from the Chloe spring show...specifically reminding me of house #2. The 2nd look is from Brioni, the 3rd from Cushnie et Ochs, I love how both are updated suit looks. And last but not least a look from the Rodarte Spring '11 show, LOVE THIS, it definitely gives me home #1 vibes, with the mixed textures.

What are your thoughts on Neutral-Blocking, think you can rock it as well as Charleston?

No comments:

Post a Comment