Pages

1.28.2013

Sartorial Roundup: 2013 SAG Awards

And so awards season continued last night with the SAG Awards.  It's one of my favorites because of the amazing opening {My name is ___, and I am an actor}, and it always finishes up in exactly two hours.  In general I wasn't all that impressed with the looks this year, but there were still some stunners.
 I thought that pretty much everything but the color was wrong on Claire Danes during the Golden Globes, but this dress is PERFECTION. I love how clean it is, yet modern with the dolman one sleeve and graphic pattern.  Love, love, love this Givenchy.


This Giambattista Valli is a very well done look for Anne. It's cool but it doesn't look like she's trying too hard.
 The top of Julianne's Chanel is atrocious, I'll admit it, but the bottom is too good to ignore.  
 I love that this dress feels mature, yet age appropriate. Go ODLR & Kiernan Schipka for nailing it.
Kerry hasn't made a bad red carpet choice in the past two months and the SAG's were no exception.  The frock is by one of my very faves, Rodarte, and though I feel like some of the impeccable details are lost because of the color, I'm still in love.
 I simply love this Vivienne Westwood dress.  Nicole was one of the first people that got me excited about the red carpet looks last night.  
 
In the battle of the navy strapless dresses, Jennifer Lawrence's Dior was no match for Amanda Seyfried's Zac Posen. The details on the hems are stunning and it fits her unsurprisingly, like a glove.

photos via styleite & harpers bazaar

No comments:

Post a Comment