Pages

7.07.2012

RADically Different

Sometimes I think our own personal style is somewhat of a stretch from what we actually believe it is, or want it to be.  I have this navy silk midi-skirt from J.Crew that I struggled to wear this winter, but I have have been loving it all spring and summer.  See my two totally different outfits for yourself and tell me which you love more!
{top - tj maxx, belt - j.crew, skirt - jcrew, necklaces - stella & dot and j.crew}
I wore this just over a week ago to work, a quite "romantic" look with the cream colored crochet top paired up with the navy skirt.  I liked the outfit, and received a lot of compliments, but something about it felt too pretty...
{rodarte for opening ceremony tee, jcrew skirt, jcrew necklace}
Last weekend I wore this outfit to the Met, where I finally got to check out the Impossible Conversations exhibit {post with illegally taken photos to come...}.  A total departure from the romantic hippie look I had going on with the previous outfit, but I LOVED this.  I felt so comfortable {aside from the scorching heat} and felt like I had totally accomplished making the simple skirt fun and cool.

Obviously one outfit was work appropriate, the other not so much, but what are your thoughts? Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment