Pages

8.04.2011

Residents of the Runway: Get Your White On

In the final summer installment of Residents of the Runway it's all about WHITE, all white all the time.  Within the first day or two of the Spring/Summer '11 fashion shows it was clear that it would be THE trend of the summer, so with one month left I suggest you get your white on all day errday if possible.

I'm thinking that the designers stole inspiration from these adorable Charleston residences...



Sidenote: Not sure if many of you have noticed the side porches on some of these homes that I've featured...but they're called piazza's and I'm pretty sure they're one of my favorite things ever...I hope to have one of my own someday...

On to the designer looks, it was all about easy breezy white dresses and I love that every single one in here has some standout element...they're all very different and special.


The dress above left has the MOST flattering fit and detailing...who ever said you couldn't wear a skin tight white dress.....um yeah...not without spanx at least!  I love the sheer details at the top of the dress on the right!


From left to right I know that Calvin Klein is the first and Viktor & Rolf is in the middle.  This Viktor & Rolf collection is one of my favorites of theirs to date, it was all based off of a simple white shirt (on steroids)...on this dress you can see the elements of the bottom of a basic white men's oxford shirt, I love that they made it into a gown.

If you don't have a white dress yet this summer...now's the time to buy, there's a good chance you can find them on sale by now!  Who's ready to get white hot??

photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment