Pages

7.20.2011

Shoe Shots & Memories

I think it would be safe to say that shoes are what initially lured me into fashion.  Shoes became a big deal for me probably in 9th grade.  I started to wear heels on dress-up days for away games/matches/races, and found such a joy in shopping for shoes that I'd never seen on anyone else...and entirely represented my burgeoning personal sense of style.

Some of my favorite shoe snaps of late...
Mustard suede brogues via dapperlou


I'll go ahead and assume that these are calvin klein,  though I'm not sure...love them!
Alejandro Ingelmo x Chris Benz via themanrepeller
klling me softly, Nicholas Kirkwood x Rodarte

Now to Miu Miu...Miuiccia Prada literally never fails on the shoe front, nobody makes more original shoes.  LOVED the Fall 2011 versions...the shape of the heel, the sparkle...


Fall 2011 Miu Miu campaign shot by Bruce Weber via fashiongonerogue

Memorable Shoe Moments (soo wish I had photo evidence):
-Patent red mary-jane's on Easter at the ripe old age of 4 maybe?
-Who else remembers those amazing J.Crew clogs from when J.Crew technically didn't make shoes yet?  They were THE best, I had them in a mustard suede I think, in like 7th grade?!
-A pair of red situations during the whole "bowling shoe" trend of 2003-ish?
-Bright pink kitten heel pointed toes that I LOVED.
-Black BCBG pointed toe slingbacks...a classic for sure (points were BIG in 2005)!  
-Cross country spikes...they were pink and white with tiger stripes.  They made me feel like I was running 100 mph...I wasn't.
-And the latest addition to the collection...the Love Me Knot heels from J.Crew, yet to be worn but oh I can't wait...with my Veda dress!

What are your best and worst shoe memories??

1 comment:

  1. well somewhere along the line you passed a pair of bright pink kitten heals (ann taylor) on to me. I think it was when I visited MI for your high school graduation. Anyways, I still have them. wore them yesterday in fact.
    I'm planing to go all out on heals for my graduation in December. Something outrageous with the black gown.

    ReplyDelete