Pages

6.07.2011

Residents of the Runway

Today I decided to spend my afternoon walking around this beautiful city to find some awesome homes that embody some Spring/Summer 2011 trends. As it turns out Charleston has been wayyy ahead of the SS '11 trends, and there were a bunch of cool photos to snap. When I was looking through my SS 2011 lookbook on style.com for a trend refresher, the first edition of Residents of the Runway came to me in a second, so let's get to it.

Today's trend: Monochromatic BRIGHTS!

In Charleston there is a section of houses that are nicknamed "Rainbow Row." For about two blocks there are these pastel colored stucco homes and they go PERFECTLY with the runway pieces that I was reminded of today...
The runway looks that inspired this post are from Christopher Kane's SS '11 ready-to-wear collection. He did these unreal monochromatic lace number's in which the colors came out like muted neons, and were such standouts...

So what do you all think about the looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment