Pages

1.15.2013

Sartorial Roundup: 2013 Golden Globes

After spending a few days at home with my family to celebrate the life of my Grandpa, I've come back refreshed and ready for the year to really begin.  This, of course, as silly as it seems means celebrating the beginning of the awards show season with the Golden Globes.  

I was busy traveling back to the east coast while the pretty people in Hollywood were walking the red carpet, but I've finally gotten caught up and I certainly have a few opinions.  Please enjoy my commentary below...
Kerry Washington was perfect in Miu Miu, from sheer in all the right places to the length, to her sleek hair, this look is spot on.


Emily Blunt accessorized this golden Michael Kors gown perfectly with stunning red earrings.
Looking modern yet refined, Michelle Dockery of Downton Abbey owned this look by Alexandre Vauthier.
I loved how fresh and whimsical this Erdem look was on Sienna, her makeup and hair were kept simple while the dress did all the talking.
To be honest, I have no idea why she was there, but I'm not complaining.  Thandie's always one of my faves and her Giles Deacon dress the other night was stunning and the lavender shoes put it all over the top for me.
The ladies of Les Mis looked amazing in white. Amanda's Givenchy dress was beautiful though I thought she could have played more with her hair and makeup and Anne's two piece Chanel was simple yet so perfect.
 Kate Hudson's McQueen was so great, Kristen Wiig wore a simple yet striking Michael Kors, and Rachel Weisz went for it in a sort of Clueless yet mod dress by Louis Vuitton.  Part of me is still confused by Rachel's choice, but I love that she tried it.
I was a little underwhelmed by Zooey's Oscar de la Renta gown, but I adore her so I don't care.  Jessica Alba also wore ODLR, Jennifer Garner looked amazing in Vivienne Westwood, and Jennifer pulled off the Dior dress with ease!

Surely it doesn't even need to be said, but Halle Berry should be ashamed of herself.  What were your fave looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment