Pages

10.15.2011

Missoni Mayhem

I have always had a love/hate relationship with Target.  I love them for giving me the option to buy a million things I don't need, yet I hate them because my money seems to evaporate every time I set foot inside.  Missoni for Target was no different.  At least this time I had some money saved up.  It was a hot September evening when I readied myself for the launch, my wallet and gift card were directly next to my computer so I could pounce on my shopping cart the second I had it filled with zig-zaggy goodness.  So I waited until midnight...no launch yet...then I waited for Target's midnight (central time)...no launch yet.  I gave up until my 7 am wake-up call.  I snapped open my computer and beelined for target.com THE THROW WAS ALREADY SOLD OUT...but I collected myself enough to order 2 trays and 3 pairs of socks.

Then it was off to Target with a friend.  We [I] tried stay composed, I admit to being a little bit frantic, but we were successful!  Finding things we didn't expect and had fun watching the other shoppers.



I'm happy with all of my finds but I think the trays are my absolute favorite.



My mom also took part in the madness and found a few great things (we were text shopping back and forth), this blue journal is one of the pieces she found.



p.s. I'm not entirely pleased with Target right now since they decided to cancel my socks because they were entirely unprepared for the onslaught of customers that it brought.  AT LEAST I GOT THE TRAYS I have to keep reminding myself.

p.p.s.s. My roommate in Charleston got super lucky when her mom stumbled upon the throw and snatched it up (without truly recognizing the significance).  I think it's safe to say it was the most wanted item from the collection, which is why she should be glad I didn't run off with it when I had the chance.


1 comment: